Last Tuesday, April 3rd, was my very last day of work. It felt so good to be done! April 4th Michael and I got on a plane to head to Utah. We had a 3 hour layover in Denver, that turned into a 5 hour layover, but I somehow didn't mind it so much. It was just really nice to spend time with my husband after a crazy month.
The last few days we have been staying with my BFF and her husband. They are so great and so fun! I hope we get to live close to them one day so we can be BFF couple friends! Something that I have learned over the last year and a half of marriage is that sometimes you do things you never thought you would, for example I have really gotten into playing video games. Well, this weekend I have realized that sometimes your BFF's do things in their marriage too that you never thought they would. For Emily it was getting, and loving, a dog. This is their puppy, Seamus:
Emily assured me before we came to stay with them that I would not be required to like Seamus and he would not jump on me, lick me, bark at me, etc. I have been pleasantly surprised. He really is a very well behaved, cute little puppy. We're friends from a distance; meaning as long as he doesn't get in my business we're good. ;)
We've also been able to visit with Michael's family. A lot of his family was already here, and those that weren't came to see us. We've had a lot of fun hanging out with them. Here are a bunch of pictures from the last few days:
.JPG) |
| My brother, Jared, happened to be in Utah on leave at the same time we were. Michael got to meet him finally. It was so great to see them and hang out with them for a little bit. |
.JPG) |
| We were able to go to the temple with Michael's family. It was the first time we had been all together to be able to do that. |
.JPG) |
| Micah and Emily also came to to the temple with us!! |
Later that evening my really good friend, Sara, did a photo shoot for Michael and I. The only pictures we have together are from our wedding. Michael was in basic and AIT the whole time we were engaged so we we never had engagement pictures taken and it always made me a little sad. The timing was perfect to have her take them because she lives further away but came home for Easter. If you want to see a preview here's a link to her blog:
Sara's blog. I am already in love with them!! I can't wait to see the rest!!
.JPG) |
| My wonderful Mother-in-law brought Easter baskets and treats for Michael and I. In my Easter basket was the Les Miserables 25th anniversary dvd!!! It totally made my day! She is so sweet and thoughtful! |
 |
| This is some of us at U Swirl. It's a frozen yogurt shop here. It was delicious! In this picture is my sis-in-law, Emily, and my aunt and uncle-in-law, Dee and Marianne. I love being able to spend time with my in-laws and feel so blessed that I married into such a great family! |
We haven't even been here a week and already so much has happened! Thus having to break it down!!
Oh seeing all those pictures made me cry. I miss all the family so much! I'm glad you were all able to get together. It looks like it was a lovely trip. I can't wait to hear more about it!
ReplyDeleteP.S. I just checked out the pictures and I LOVE THEM!!! You too are just darling!
ReplyDeleteI love the photos at the temple! Your hubby is so handsome! And I have now decided that I am losing 30 pounds or more. no more fat pictures at U-swirl!
ReplyDeleteIt is so fun having you guys here! Love you!