Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter Weekend

My mom and dad came to visit us this weekend.  They got here on Wednesday night and will go back on Tuesday morning.  It's been so fun and so great having them here.  I really needed it and have enjoyed it so much.

Here we are playing "Ticket to Ride".

This is in the Fried Pie Shop while we waited for our fried pies.

Me and mom waiting.  It's a cute little shop attached to a gas station.   Fried pie is delicious!  I've never seen it anywhere else, so I figured they had to try it.

I like to think I won this checkers game . . . but we were actually  completely tied.
Easter

The Easter Bunny came before church and hid Michael's and my Easter basket, just like it used to do when I was a kid!


It was cute!






"Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. 
But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."  Isaiah 53:4-5

I am so grateful for my Savior and for everything he did for me and everything he does for me still.  "He hath borne our griefs, and with his stripes we are healed."  I feel like I am still waiting for the healing that I know is coming, but in the mean time it gives me great peace and comfort knowing that Christ has borne my grief and that healing will come.

2 comments:

  1. The hardest part is not knowing WHEN the healing will come. I wish I had some magic words of comfort for you. I wish you were closer, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such an example to me. I don't even know you but I feel like I know you so well. You touch my heart with your sweet testimony. I too wish I had some magic words to give you peace and comfort. The only words that come to my mind when I'm having a particular struggle or trial is, "It's always darkest before dawn." Those words give me comfort in knowing that when things are the darkest the light comes. I also get peace and comfort knowing that there are many people praying for me and that should give you comfort too because I know you too have many people praying for you, including myself.

    ReplyDelete