Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Sometimes I see people post things on Facebook about how they've gone their whole marriage and relationship without spending a single night away from their spouse, but now said spouse is going away for x amount of days, blah, blah, blah.  Honestly, I usually roll my eyes at those people and skip right past it (sorry if you are one of those people . . .).  Of course I know that Michael and I have had an abnormal relationship, especially at the beginning.  We spent our 7 month engagement and the first 7 months of our marriage apart with very limited communication.  It was a really, really hard time for me. I wouldn't wish it on any one.

Over the last 2 1/2 years of being with my husband on a daily basis I have become very accostumed to having him around.  He's pretty much my most favorite person.  He always knows how to make me smile and always cheers me up at the end of a long day.  Amongst a lot of other things. Sometimes he has trainings and field exercises that take him away from home for a couple of days.  Today is such a day.  I always miss him when he's gone, but the experiences we've already gone through with seperation make a few days seem very bearable.  But, really, right now I just miss him.

Something else pretty cool, I felt the baby move a lot tonight, a lot more then usual and a lot stronger.  It was like baby boy was telling me everything is okay (or maybe he really likes "Chuck").  I love this kid so much and I can't wait to meet him! 

1 comment:

  1. Well I have to be honest we are one of those couples that probably in the last nearly 21 years we haven't been away from each other more than 2 weeks total in our whole married life. I can't imagine having to be apart like the two of you had to be, I am sure that must have been really tough! Hopefully, the two of you never have to be apart like that ever again!

    Congratulations on that baby ! That is so exciting that you are feeling him move! I'm looking forward to seeing this little guy!

    ReplyDelete