Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thanksgiving/Black Friday/22 Weeks

Thanksgiving
Three years ago when Michael and I celebrated our first Thanksgiving as a family he was in AIT at Fort Huachuca.  We celebrated the holiday in Tucsan, Arizona.  For Thanksgiving dinner we went to a steak house, since it was the only thing we could find that was open.  It's kind of become our tradition since we've been away from family the last few years.  This year we went to Texas Land and Cattle for lunch.  I also made an apple pie and we had a pumpkin pie.  It was a great day.  We set up our Christmas decorations and spent the day relaxing.  It was very nice.

I have a lot of things to be incredibly thankful for this year. I'm not going to make a big long list because there are so many things on that list.  I will say though I'm thankful for Michael and that he is so loving and supportive.  I'm also thankful for my baby boy that is growing and developing.  He's been moving around a lot more lately and is getting stronger.  I love feeling his kicks!!

Black Friday/22 Weeks
We never go crazy on Black Friday.  But, I do like shopping with so many sales and good deals.  I just like it best after I've slept in.  Michael and I also have a tradition of going to IHop on the day after Thanksgiving.  That also started when we were in Tucsan.  My favorite things to buy on Black Friday are DVD's and TV shows on DVD.
My 22 week belly.  Also, I found that shirt and those boots yesterday. And you can see our little Charlie Brown Christmas tree behind me. 
This wasn't a Black Friday deal, but I found it at Target yesterday.  How awesome are those cookie cutters?!  I can just picture making Ninja gingerbread cookies with my little guy a few years from now and being a cool mom for having ninja cookie cutters!

1 comment:

  1. Happy late Thanksgiving! I love that you and Michael already have your own traditions. That is one good thing about living away from family it makes you create your own traditions and things that are special to just the two of you!
    I'm glad you enjoyed black Friday shopping. I think I am getting to old to stay up all night or get up at 4:00 am. Next year this momma is sleeping a little more! But I do LOVE all the great deals and finds and it is mine and Brian's little tradition that we've done for 18 years and we love it!
    You are SO right in a few years your little guy is going to think his mom is WAY cool having the ninja gingerbread cookie cutters. I think your way cool already:)

    ReplyDelete