Wednesday, April 2, 2014

One Week with Baby

Happy Birth Day Nathan!
Nathan Anthony was born at 3:44 PM.  He weighed 7 lbs, 10 oz and was 21 inches long.
Throughout the day my mom texted my siblings to keep them updated on how my labor was progressing.  After Nathan was born I sent out a few pictures and they responded with their own pictures!  I thought it was really cute!!
March 26th
Day 2 we were still in the hospital.  Nathan slept most of the day.  The bottom left picture is him in his bassinet.  I don't know if you can tell but he's lifting both of his legs.  He slept like that most of the time and would occasionally lift them higher then lower them.  It was cute.  He got circumcised that day and handled it like a champ.  We got to go home around 5 PM.  My mom came that night.  We have been so grateful to have her here!!

March 27th
This kid LOVES his fingers!  And he is a champ at unswaddling and getting his mittens off!  Nathan went to the doctor for the first time.  He weighed 7 lbs, 6 oz.  I was so glad that he hadn't lost too much of his birth weight.  The doctor said he's doing great.
March 28th
This was by far the most frustrating day of the week.  Nathan had trouble with breastfeeding and didn't really want to have anything to do with it which really frustrated and upset me.  It was really hard trying to feed my baby and have him be so upset and knowing what to do to fix it.  All I can say is I am really, really grateful that my mom was here to help me figure it out and support me.  I also don't know what I would do with out Michael.  He has been so wonderful and also super supportive and encouraging.  I couldn't do it without him.  He had to run to Walmart to pick up a prescription for me and when he came back he brought me chocolate, jelly beans and flowers.  He's awesome!  Nathan also had his first bath today.
March 29th
We call the middle picture his KGB look! His little hat just doesn't quite fit . . . but is adorable!  We laid Nathan down on the floor on his tummy for the first time today.  He did not like it at all.  After squirming around for a few minutes he ended up launching himself off with his legs and flipping himself over!

March 30th and 31st
I love this little guy and his cute dimples!!  He is the sweetest little thing!  He really doesn't fuss or cry too much unless he's getting his diaper changed, getting bathed, getting lotion put on him, or when he gets frustrated with breastfeeding.  That may seem like a lot but he really is pretty pleasant most of the time and gives the CUTEST involuntary smiles!!

April 1st/Nathan's Due Date
Nathan is very expressive and full of personality!!  It has been such a good week getting to know him and figuring him out. 
And, my all time favorite picture from the week:

5 comments:

  1. That last picture is the cutest!! Sounds like you've had a great week! Glad he is healthy! :) love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the dimples!!! I want to cuddle him so badly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can look at his pictures over and over (and often do on my phone). But you said a billion pictures. Where are the rest of them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is just beautiful! Love that last one!

    ReplyDelete