9 weeks ago I began using a jogging app called "Couch to 5k". The app is supposed to help you build endurance to be able to run a 5k, well, 30 minutes of a 5k depending on how fast you go. It starts you out slow with jogging one minute, walking one minute and builds from there increasing your jogging time each week and decreasing your walking time until you can run 30 minutes straight with no walking.
I finished the program today! Except instead of doing 30 minutes I can do at least 35 minutes. I enjoy jogging but it was not an easy accomplishment. The number one reason I think I was able to stick with the program and keep going when I wanted to stop was thanks to my sister, who went running with me. I'm sure it was hard for her to go at such a slow pace, but I enjoyed and appreciated her company, her distracting me, and her motivating me when I wanted to stop or just not even go.
I wish I could say I lost tons of weight in the last 9 weeks but I did not. I might have lost a pound. However, I feel stronger and I feel happier and healthier. That is what's important. It felt great to finish the program and to know that 9 weeks ago I could not even do close to that. My new goal is to be able to run straight through a 5k.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Im so proud of you! Running is SOOO HARD for me! I hate it and I am no good at it! If I lived closer I would have jumped on board with you to be able to work into running a full 30+ min. Without walking. Good for you!!!
ReplyDeleteWay to go! I just started jogging again, I hope I can make it to 30 minutes! I wish I had someone to go with me and motivate me!
ReplyDelete