Sunday, August 10, 2014

Busy Week

This week I spent trying to find an outfit for my sister-in-law's wedding.  I haven't been shopping in a while so it was a lot of fun . . . if not somewhat discouraging to remember that I had a baby a few months ago and my body hasn't shrunk back down like it was supposed to.  Funny story from shopping: I was at Maurice's trying on a shirt and had grabbed a tank top to try under it.  I laid Nathan on the bench in the dressing room with me while I tried stuff on.  Of course he picked as I was removing my shirt to try and roll off the bench.  I caught him as his legs were dangling off the edge.  Phew!  When I got home I realized that I had forgotten to take off the tank top that I had tried on!  I took it back almost immediately but it's crazy how even though I knew 100% that I was going to return it and it was 100% an accident, there was that thought of, "I just got away with shoplifting!"  When I returned it the girl was really sweet and she told me that she's done that before as well.  It's always good to have reminders of how good it feels to have integrity.

After my accidental shoplifting, and later that week, I went with my sister to Buffalo Wild Wings where she completed the Blazin' Wings Challenge.  She had to eat 12 of their hottest wings in under 6 minutes.  She did it in 3:23.  She rocked it!
It was a little bit noisy in the restaurant for Nathan so I tried to make him a little cocoon. to block the noise.  It didn't quite work . . .
Top Left to Right: -Michael has been quite busy this week finishing up papers and studying for his finals on top of working.  Understandably he's been quite exhausted.  It's always so sweet to find Nathan napping with daddy.  (Really I'm just glad anytime I find Nathan napping!)
-Nathan finally found just his thumb!!  He has been working on that for the last four months.
-Nathan also rolled over back to tummy for the first time this week!  He has been trying so hard and will get so close but gets stuck on his shoulder.  He finally did it though when he wanted to take a look inside his basket that holds his diapers.
-Nathan and I hung out with cousin Cohen on Saturday while Daniel and Brooke went to a family thing with her family.

Bottom Left to Right: -I just love his cute little face!  I can't get enough of it!
-I'm not sure what Cohen was trying to show me . . . but he sure is adorable!
-Nathan was trying on his bow tie for Aunt Alli's wedding
-He's been sleeping in his crib for the last two weeks or so.  He does really well in it and enjoys looking up at his mobile when he's awake.
In other news, I felt and saw a teeny tiny tooth in Nathan's mouth yesterday!  Bottom, middle-right. That would explain his fussiness from the week!  Poor kid!
Cheesin' it up after a loooong afternoon of fussiness!
Nathan is quite the laugher these days.  For a while he thought it was the funniest thing when Michael or I pretended to sneeze for him.

Here Nathan is getting sooo frustrated that he just can't quite roll over.  He has been experimenting with new sounds this week and has been screeching like a banshee when he gets upset!

And here is another one with some of Nathan's new sounds.  This time his shrieks are happy ones though.

And, lastly, my baby brother, Tyler, came home from serving his mission yesterday!  It was great to see him and talk to him again, even if it was just over FaceTime!

2 comments:

  1. I may be a bit prejudiced but I think he just may be the most adorable grandson ever! I'm so excited he gets to come to Aunt Alli's wedding with you! Oh, and Emily. I found something to wear too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All grandmas are a bit prejudiced...it comes with the territory! Isn't it great that both of us have the most adorable grandsons?! As little great-nephews go, Nathan has to be the most adorable ever! If only he could pull his arm out from under himself, rolling over wouldn't be such a screaming thing!

    Of course you returned the shirt! Good for you! I once got out to my car at a grocery store and saw that I had been given the wrong change. Just a nickel too much, but it really bugged me. I went back into the store and handed the 5 cents to the cashier and she looked at me like I was crazy! Then she thanked me. It must be a rare thing in some places!

    ReplyDelete