Saturday, September 27, 2014

6 Months Already?!

Where does the time go? I can't believe my little boy is already half a year old!  He brings me so much happiness and joy every single day!  At his 6 month well child check he weighed in at 18.5 pounds and is 26.5 inches.  He is in the 65th percentile for weight and 42nd for height.  His pediatrician didn't feel any teeth coming in yet.  He said that he is doing great in growth and development.  His pediatrician also sent in a referral to Primary Children's Hospital so that we can schedule an appointment with a neurosurgeon for Nathan's surgery on his sacral dimple.

This month has been so fun with Nathan.  He has become quite mobile.  His favorite thing to scoot after is chords and remotes.  He has also started getting his knees to move forward but hasn't figured out the hand coordination with his knees to really crawl yet.  He hasn't pulled up on objects yet but he will pull himself up while holding our hands.  He's really cute when he does this.  He gets a really big smile on his face and gets so excited and proud of himself.  He likes to sit up and still likes playing in his exersaucer.  He gets super chatty and has been experimenting with different sounds lately.  He loves bath time.  He lays in the tub and kicks and splashes.  It's so cute.

Nathan still isn't the best sleeper but he has been taking naps more consistently through the day.  He eats a lot of different baby foods.  He likes eating with a spoon for the most part.  If he starts getting fussy I will often put the spoon in his hand and guide it into his mouth.  He likes this and likes to chomp on his spoon.
Cute 6 month-old boy
The picture on the left was taken just minutes after Nathan was born.  I had only gotten a brief glance at him after he was born because he wasn't breathing so they had to take him away really quickly.  So this was also the picture Michael took to show me him.  I think it's adorable that he still likes to chew his fingers and that he did the same thing in the picture on the right.
Pictures from the month.  We went swinging a few times, read books, and played.  Nathan is typically a happy, playful little boy.
The first time I put Nathan in a shopping cart he was quite concerned.  He held on like he is in the picture almost the whole time we were in the store and refused to look up at me.
Dad teaching Nathan to strum.  These two are my favorites!
Experimenting with new vocal sounds
Laughing and playing with Dad

2 comments:

  1. I love the chomping me fingers thing!but the grocery cart story is the best! He wouldn't even look at you??!! I can't believe he is getting so big, and way too fast! I think he is a singer! What a little cherub!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have listened to him talking to himself about seven times now and we laugh every time. It really touches my heart to see how wonderfully happy he is. And that picture collage? I'm going to print it out and frame it!

    ReplyDelete