Four Years ago, on September 1, 2010, I married my best friend in the Mt. Timpanogos Temple. We got married at a crazy time full of uncertainty in our lives. Back up ten days to August 21st. I was at work. I had driven about 3 hours to drop a girl off at a court house down in some town outside St. George so that she could meet with her P.O. and visit with her family for the weekend. As I was getting back into the car to make the drive back I got a call from Michael. Calls from him were extremely rare in those days because he was in AIT in San Antonio. He had very little free time. I excitedly answered the phone. "How would you like to get married in a couple of weeks?" He asked. It was the question that I had been waiting for and dreaming about since he had proposed 6 months earlier, the week before he left for Basic Training. Michael told me that he would be transferring to Fort Huachuca to continue AIT and that he was being allowed to take a week of leave in between. I was so excited that we would finally have the chance to get married. I spent the next ten days making and finalizing all of our big wedding plans. He came home the Monday before we got married. We were married on a Wednesday. And then he left the next Sunday. I had no idea what our immediate future would hold. I had no idea that we would spend the first seven months of our marriage living apart with even less time to talk then before but I knew that I loved him, that I wanted to be with him forever. and that I wanted forever to begin as soon as possible. Our wedding day was perfect and beautiful and even if I had had more time to execute our plans I don't think I would have changed a thing.
Fast forward four years. Everything has changed. We now have an extra person in our family. Michael is out of the Army. He is going to school full time and working. I stay home with cute little Nathan. And we love it. It has it's own unique challenges but at least we get to be together.
| We went to a cute little place down on Main Street in Provo called Cafe 22 to celebrate our anniversary. It was nice to spend some time just the two of us. |
| Later that week we went to a shooting range with Daniel and Brooke and finally got to try out our guns. It was a lot of fun. |
Happy anniversary to the two of you! How time flies! I love your little family and am so glad we get to see you now and then. I take it that Nathan is drinking a bottle now? I'm glad you got to go out together, just the two of you!
ReplyDeleteGuns, huh? who shot that poor gut through the head so many times?