Sunday, October 4, 2015

NICU Pictures


When Logan first got to the NICU they moved his IV from his hand to his head.  His face was a little puffy from being on the cpap for so long.  
Dad got to change Logan's diaper for the first time.  This NICU encouraged us to be as hands on as possible.  I tried to plan my visits around the times that they do "cares".  So I was able to change his diaper, check his temperature and feed him.  These were also the times when he was more awake and alert.
Notice that the IV was moved back to Logan's hand.  This kid ripped the IV out of his head.  I was so glad that I wasn't there for that!! The nurse told me there was a lot of blood! :/ So they moved the IV to his hand and put it in a bit deeper.

Michael FINALLY got to hold Logan!! 


On Monday Logan was moved to an open crib since he was able to regulate his own temperature!

This was Logan's room.  It was really nice to have a quieter, more private place.
Tuesday Logan got to wear clothes! 
Wednesday night I got to spend the night at the hospital with Logan.  The night went so well!  He is a really good sleeper and eater!

2 comments:

  1. He sounds like an amazing kid! I'm glad you documented all of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He sounds like an amazing kid! I'm glad you documented all of this.

    ReplyDelete