At my doctor's appointment yesterday I was dilated to a 3.5. I've had random contractions but nothing consistent. I keep hoping I'll go into labor and she'll just be here already! I'm so ready for her to be here and to not be pregnant any more! Today I was finally able to finish all of my girly crafts that I've been wanting to do. So she really can come now!
| Last week my BFF, Emily, helped me make a bunch of hair bows and head bands. My sister helped me make the cute frame! |
| Those headbands were super cheap on Amazon! I love them! |
The thing about these blankets and burp rags is I wasn't sure if I was even going to use them. When Michael and I were first married we didn't live together because he was away at AIT for the Army. I lived with my sister, Catherine, and one of the things she taught me as a young newlywed was how to make baby blankets and burp rags. When we were picking fabrics we both felt like I'd have a girl first so we chose those cute prints pictured above. Fast forward three years and Michael and I were living in Texas. We wanted to start our family and had been trying unsuccessfully for about two years. In January 2013 we finally learned that I was pregnant. Even though I miscarried in the first trimester I have always felt like my first little baby is a girl. Those blankets were supposed to be hers. Ironically enough her due date was September 2nd. She would be turning 3 this year. Our life has been full of crazy twists and turns since that sad time in 2013. I don't even know what I would say to myself if I could go back and give some kind of heads up about all of the changes our family would go through. And I definitely never would have believed myself if I had told myself that we would end up with three kids in three years! Fast forward to now. I'm glad I decided to go ahead and use the blankets. I'm excited to have a little girl and I'm glad that she can have some girl things all of her own and not just have to share her brothers things!
Life has so many ups and downs and you guys have handled them like true champions! I can't wait to meet her!
ReplyDelete