Monday, July 17, 2017

Happy Birthday America!

These fireworks were being shot off the night before the 4th in our church parking lot.  They were amazing!!
I got Nathan out of bed so he could come watch them with me!  At random times through the year Nathan will ask if we can watch fireworks.  I was excited to be able to show him real ones-not just ones on YouTube.


I got Logan up to but he didn't want to go down to the church.  After the church fireworks were over Me, Nathan and Logan sat at the top of our stairs and watched fireworks go off across the horizon.  It was pretty cool!  I liked hanging out with them!



Nathan was excited to show Giraffey the fireworks and wanted him in a picture.  Haha!





The boys wanted to wear hair bows too! In fact Logan was quite upset at first when I gave one to Katelyn and not him!
Watching baseball!  GO NATIONALS! 





Sometimes I have a hard time choosing my favorite picture of her! :)


What started out as a fun activity turned into a nightmare.  The boys were so into cutting out the sugar cookies that I just couldn't help them fast enough and it turned into chaos.



This picture is 100% posed.  No one was actually happy at the end of our sugar cookie making activity. Although, I guess Nathan was-he was bribed to smile with the promise of a cookie. :P


I have to keep a close eye on these two when they're seats end up too close together.  I'm pretty sure Katelyn ate more of Logan's burger then he did! 

These guys all love Uncle Tyler!
The best part of the day was when we went over to the Richards' for water balloons, treats, scooter riding and fireworks.  The kids had a blast hanging out with their besties!








Logan's face on the end . . . the poor kid really hated the fireworks!


Nathan loved the fireworks and was very encouraging to the younger kids by telling them, "it's ok! There's nothing to be scared about!"
Katelyn, of course, managed to get her hands on an Oreo.



Thanksgiving Point fireworks from our balcony finished off our holiday!
A few days before the 4th of July I was at work and did a group about the topic of Safety.  In my group I had everyone draw a picture and describe what they considered to be a safe place.  One of my co-workers drew a picture of America and it really stuck with me.  I love living in this country and I love the freedoms I enjoy.  My patriotism has not been at it's strongest the last few years and it bums me out.  I was so grateful for the reminder that this is an amazing country to live in and that it is a safe place full of so many opportunities!

No comments:

Post a Comment