-Road kill: it's everywhere!-Mennonites who still use horse and buggies
-Rolling hills, no, they are not mountains! But they are pretty!
-Farms, farmers, and everything that goes with them, including the smell . . .
-30 minute drives "to town"
-Rednecks, no offense, and not everyone
-Bitter, cold winters and hot humid summers
This may sound like I don't like Virginia very much, which is not true. I don't mind it, it's just . . . different then other places that I've lived. Not all of Virginia is like that either, but where my family lives it's more rural, and further away from big cities. So, here are some more:
-Beaches within 3 hours!!
-Washington D.C. close enough for a day trip
-Other cool historical sites nearby
-My family!! (They would probably not agree that Virginia is for them, but they're here so they make the list)
-Pretty trees that change colors in the fall
-Since it is so far from the city you can see the stars really clear at night, it's beautiful!

Ahaha! Good one, SAS, good one.
ReplyDeleteGood job Sarah! I couldn't have describe what it is like to live here any better!
ReplyDeleteBut remember.....that cold brings SNOW!!!! Which cancels early morning seminary! SLEEP!!!
ReplyDeleteYou have a terrific way with words. I fully intend to visit Virginia in May (if it's okay with the Shavers)
ReplyDelete