Sunday, March 13, 2011

I'm Movin' On

The first week in January I came out to Virginia to stay with my family as I waited out the last stretch of Michael's training.  Also because my  mom had to have knee surgery and my dad had to be gone with work.  It worked out well that I was able to come out and be with them during this time.  My mom's knee was worse then they thought and her recovery has been slow and painful.  I've been able to spend a lot of time with her over the last three and a half months, and with Tyler and my dad and I have truly enjoyed it.  Looking back I don't know where the time has gone.  Good bye's are always hard for me, and this one feels especially hard.  I will miss my family, and even though I was supposed to be the one taking care of my mom she of course always takes care of me and I'll miss that, among so many other things.

I am leaving in the morning to go up to Maryland and spend a couple of weeks with the Washburn's and then I will be flying back to Colorado where I will FINALLY be able to be with Michael! He will be graduating at the end of March we will be moving to Texas.  This last year has been very long, and very trying in so many different ways.  Even though I can't yet breathe a sigh of relief at having it all over, I can see the end.  And I am more then ready for a new beginning.  A beginning where I am happily living with my husband.

5 comments:

  1. OH, but don't forget how fun watching Chuck III will be while you wait to see your hunny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post makes me so happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And so help me, if this does not pan out, I will tear someone in the army to pieces. With my bear hands.... or vicious rhetoric! (not necessarily Michael, just someone.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too like this post! I'm sad you're leaving the fam and you won't be there when I get home, but I'm happy you will finally get to be with your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you again Sarah! I am so blessed to have you as my daughter!

    ReplyDelete