Thursday, June 12, 2014

Settling In


We've now lived in Utah for about three weeks.  We are almost all unpacked.  I can't quite figure out how I want some things to be arranged in the house.  In a lot of ways we have a lot more room, but in some ways we don't.  It's kind of weird.  Michael started working and we've been getting a lot of things out of the way that you have to do when you move to a new state, like switching over our car registrations and driver's licenses.  We've also been enjoying hanging out with our family members that live so close.  Nathan is becoming quite a chatty, playful little guy and is becoming a lot more settled now that there's not as much going on.
This is just one of the many beautiful views that we enjoy in our new neighborhood.  It's so nice to be around the mountains again!
Sometimes Nathan has very serious talks with us.  This is a video that Michael made.  Our favorite part is near the end!

Top row, left to right: -Lately Nathan has really liked sitting up on the couch by himself, well, with the support of the couch cushions.  
-Nathan is instructing Dad and Grandpa while they're trying to fix the sink
-Happy baby
-Smiling like a goof ball while talking to Dad

Bottom row: -Another happy baby shot
-Playing with Grandma.  She was holding him while he was squatting on her lap and then he'd push himself up to stand
-My dear friend, Katherine, called me up last Saturday to let me know she was in town.  I was so excited that I got to see her and meet her cute kiddos.
-I LOVE that picture of Nathan and Katherine!  I think he was just a little grumpy because he'd just woken up.
Nathan will sometimes get fussy while we're holding him so we put him down on the couch or floor, or just turn him a different direction, and he will usually stop fussing.  Sometimes he'll continue letting us know that he was upset though before he stops fussing.

1 comment: