Friday, March 6, 2015

Thankful Friday-A Family Member

Since my blog is basically all about my cutie pie son, and I've also recently done shout outs to my husband and mom, this week I am going to write about my #1 sister.

When I was little all I wanted was a little sister.  I was so happy when she finally came along.  There is about a four year gap between us but we are the closest, bestest of friends.  I even named her, Jessica Lynn.  When we were growing up we played together all the time and fought with each other all the time.  The other day I overheard her telling someone that I was a good big sister and always let her tag along with me and my friends.  I never thought of it that way at the time.  She was also my friend so it was totally normal and natural to me that she would come along.

I moved away from home when I was 18 and then my family moved out of the state.  10 years later Michael and I were able to move back to Utah to the same city my sissy lived in.  AND as fate would have it we found an apartment in the same housing development that she was living in!  We didn't even know it when we signed our contract because we were out of the state and my BFF found the place for us.  It has been the best 8 months ever!!  She has literally been less then a one minute walk away.  I have loved living so close to her and being able to hang out so much.  I also love how much Nathan loves her.  She is such a great, fun aunt!

Left to right, top row-We went to the National Zoo for our nieces birthday, we went to Jamestown when my BFF came to visit the East Coast-we like to make fun of Jessica in this picture because she was the only one that didn't get the memo to wear green, the big picture was from last December when we went and saw The Nutcracker
Middle row-my wedding, our trip to Seattle
The tiny picture is from Jessica's high school graduation
Bottom row-from when we went to the aquarium last year, Nathan's blessing day, when she met Nathan for the first time, the tiny top picture is from Cohen's first birthday, under that is from the 5k we ran at Halloween, then another from the Halloween 5k and finally the 4th of July 5k


No comments:

Post a Comment