Sunday, August 9, 2015

Girl's Weekend

On our flight out to Virginia we were incredibly blessed with an open middle seat!!  It was an unexpected miracle!  At 28 weeks pregnant Nathan did not fit on my lap, the tray table didn't fit down, and it would have been very tricky to bend down to get anything out of my bag.  With the open middle seat Nathan was able to move around and played quietly with the various activities I had packed for him.  He did so well!  Taking off and landing didn't even seem to bother him.
Before beginning the girl's weekend part of our trip we were able to spend time with some of my favorite people, the Washburns.  Nathan was immediately loved and adored!  Cute red-headed Bekah said, "if you put him next to a puppy it would be heaven!"  I loved getting to watch my little guy play with his other cousins and seeing them get along so well! 
Bottom left picture: Katie, Catherine, and me.  These girls were so sweet and considerate in choosing our girl's weekend location!  Since Nathan had to tag along we decided it would be best if we went to a cabin near my parents house in Virginia so that Nathan could stay with grandma and grandpa and I could actually get a break!  On top of that instead of immediately starting our weekend we stayed a night at my parents house since my mom had to work in the morning one of the days.  My dad showed us the pretty valley and we went to two different farmer's markets.  I was so grateful that I was able to stay a night with Nathan at my parents rather then just dropping him off.  He tends to get nervous in new places and with people he's not super familiar with.  He did great though!  (I only cried a little as I left my baby boy for the first time for longer then a day!)

Quick side story:  Nathan was walking around the farmer's market and discovered a black, metal plant holder (picture on the lower right).  He pulled it off the glass shelf and sat right down.  He's so funny!
I loved my time with my three Catherine friends at our cute cabin out in the middle of Nowhere, Virginia (it was actually just outside Charlottesville).  We had a great time talking, laughing, eating way too much, playing games, and watching movies.  It was nice and relaxing. 
And what was Nathan up to while I was gone?  Having all kinds of fun with Meemaw and Papa!

2 comments:

  1. It was so glorious to spend time with you both! We love you so dearly, and especially miss Little Buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What?? Buy that kid a plant stand chair! That is so cute!
    The whole airplane thing, with the free middle seat? That was a huge blessing indeed! Your poor tummy would have gotten so tired of holding two boys on those long flights! You know how under a certain age or weight you can hold a child on your lap and not pay? I actually heard a story last week where a woman had purchased a ticket for her little guy, he got fussy before take-off so she decided to hold him. The attendant insisted that he must be buckled in for take-off because he was a ticket holder. She complied but he continued to cry and she asked if she might hold him, and got kicked off the plane! Are you kidding? Flying with a small child is a brave thing. You are to be commended!

    ReplyDelete