Thursday, June 16, 2016

Road Trip, Part 2

Lolli took us to a really cool park near their house.  The boys loved it!  Nathan fell and got his first legitimate scraped knee.  He got up and brushed it off like a champ!
This was another park we went to.  Nathan had fun but ended up with injury number two.  He bumped his lip on that little chipmunk toy he was riding on and it bled a little.   
And here is park number three.  This is one of our favorite spots to go when we go visit Colorado.
One night we went to downtown Denver.  It was a little bit stormy that night so we didn't get to do much.  But we went to Michael's favorite bookstore and found a fun pizza restaurant to eat at.  It got a little bit scary as we were walking around after dinner.  Right in front of us we had a guy take off running  and throw a liquor bottle down.  Then a bunch of people started chasing after him yelling and from what we heard I guess he had stolen some girls wallet.  Other then that it was a pretty fun night.  We got a lot of compliments on how cute the boys are, and Nathan LOVED seeing all of the buses driving up and down the streets.  One of the buses was stopped at a light and we were also waiting for the light.  He saw Nathan looking at the bus and waved at him.  It made Nathan so happy!
A few pictures from our trip home.  We stopped at a park again half way through.  Nathan ended up running around without his pants on for a while.  Logan was super sad most of the second half of the trip.  We missed our exit for highway 6 to take us to I-15 and had to go a longer more scenic route.  It was really pretty and didn't add too much more time, but it was still a bit frustrating.  I love how cute Nathan is in the middle picture.  He loves his dad so much and often mimics and copies him.  They're even wearing similar shirts! I love it!

2 comments:

  1. THis reminds me of our first trip inot downtown Seattle ofter we moved up there in'92. Dee's sister and her husband had taken us to the Seattle Center to do some shopping and sight-seeing. We were walking down the mall, I was pushing Rachel in the stroller and Aunt Colleen had Diana by the hand. Suddenly a guy comes bounding toward us with no regard for our safety, because he was being chased by police! He would have run Diana over had Colleen not scooped her swiftly away! He knocked into the stroller and nearly tipped it as the police tackled him to the ground in front of all of us. (I thought, I knew I hated this move!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. THis reminds me of our first trip inot downtown Seattle ofter we moved up there in'92. Dee's sister and her husband had taken us to the Seattle Center to do some shopping and sight-seeing. We were walking down the mall, I was pushing Rachel in the stroller and Aunt Colleen had Diana by the hand. Suddenly a guy comes bounding toward us with no regard for our safety, because he was being chased by police! He would have run Diana over had Colleen not scooped her swiftly away! He knocked into the stroller and nearly tipped it as the police tackled him to the ground in front of all of us. (I thought, I knew I hated this move!)

    ReplyDelete