When I was in Virginia my mom taught me a crochet stitch and I made a blanket.
![]() |
| Sorry, I'm not much of a photographer, but you get the gist. |
![]() |
| A close up of the stitching. |
Now, these next few pictures you may think are an announcement of some sort . . . they are NOT! Catherine taught me to make baby blankets and burpers:

Again, just to be clear, I am not currently pregnant, but do hope to be someday. I think those are the most domestic things I've done lately. Also, now that I live with my husband and we have an apartment I cook, clean and do laundry.






Double thumbs up. I'm impressed by your blanket! Way to go! Ya know, I think that the word domesticated really does mean an animal that doesn't eat people. And you are an animal who doesn't eat people. That's all Michael was trying to say.
ReplyDeleteI am chuckling over this one. "Domesticated." Ah, good intentions! Emily is right, hopefully you aren't eating people. Stick to pancakes is my advice. I love being domestic. I have several projects I can't wait to get to! Love you two SO much! Have fun, burnt pans and all. Now that pan is broken in!
ReplyDeleteSarah I think the term is Domestic Goddess! I love and miss you! by the way your blanket looks awesome!
ReplyDeleteAs a crochet-er myself, I am very impressed with your blanket. Beautiful work! Those baby things are as cute as can be too! I do hope they get put to good use soon. It would serve my little sister right to be a grandmother before me! Ha!
ReplyDeleteI don't mind the word domestic. It's the word "bleh" I wonder about! Does he want a pampered princess that can't cook and thing so he can always eat fast food? Oh, wait...He loves fast food!
Oh, come on....make an announcement!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYep, you are fabulous! And I miss you!
You go girl! I like the term domestic goddess too!
ReplyDeleteI would love an announcement too, hopefully that will be soon, right?!?