Saturday, April 23, 2011

I May or May Not Have Been Getting Bored . . .

Michael went and saw a movie today with one of his Army buddies, a movie that I had no interest whatsoever in seeing.  While he was gone I was very productive and got our spare bedroom a bit more organized and put away.  It went from looking like this:


To This: 


Thank you Stephen Colbert for keeping me company while I sorted, cleaned, and organized.  It's not quite done yet, but I'd say I made some real progress.  Any one that would like to come utilize our spare room is  more then welcome!  I'll make sure the room is finished before you get here!

I've always had a problem where I can be so involved in a task or project and it will keep me busy and occupied for hours.  I hardly noticed that Michael was gone while I was working, however, the second I decided I'd reached a good stopping point I was immediately bored and started missing my husband, wondering when he'd be home, etc.  

Michael had recently unpacked his boxes and found all of his yo-yo's.  For some reason he had them sitting on our kitchen counter.  As I tidied the kitchen I found myself wondering if he had enough to stretch across our whole counter (refer to the title of this post):



He does!  The good news is that in the time it has taken me to write this post his movie has ended, he is on his way home, and we are going swimming!  Our pool is another thing any one that wants to visit can utilize.  

Stay tuned for the virtual tour of our apartment!

6 comments:

  1. Ha!! This cracked me up. Does he collect yo-yos? Cause that is something you forgot to mention to me. An awesome thing.

    I love before and after pictures! We are so the same. Today I was really tempted to take a picture of the vacuum dust after I vacuumed the whole apartment, but I was too lazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! The room is almost ready for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummmmmm, yep, a little bored!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm excited to see the apartment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, yeah, that's a little bored! At least you were productive in the spare room! You can always text/call me and chat when you're bored!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy Yo Yo's!! And I envy your spare bedroom. Ours is still full of stuff from the move.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Sara, Holy Yo Yo's! I've probably only owned maybe one, or two. I havent seen one in years, thats awesome, and fun to see that he has enough that streaches around. And even more fun to see pictures of the place :) So.... if you get bored enough, you can come to my place and clean it up! :| I've been slacking!

    ReplyDelete