![]() |
| This is our airport shot. |
By the time we got to Dallas we had to stop because we were both sick of the car and extremely tired. After a great night's sleep we drove three more hours to Killeen, where we will be living for the next few years. We had tried booking a hotel online while we were driving, but had troubles using the internet on our Droids. We decided we would just go to the hotel and ask if they could give us the online rate. We pulled into what we thought was the hotel we had found online. We asked for the online rate, but the guy at the desk told us he couldn't give it to us, but let us use the computer in the lobby to book it online. After we booked it he couldn't find it so we told him we had other things we could do but we would be back. We drove over to Walmart to get some stuff. As we were driving back we noticed that there were two hotels right next to each other with the sign of the hotel we booked right in the middle. We had a moment of awakening when we realized that we had actually booked the other hotel . . . and had a good laugh as we realized we had used the first hotel's computer to book the other hotel, and thinking about that poor guy trying to find our reservation!
It has been so good to finally be with my husband, even though we are living in a hotel and still have no idea where we will find a house. There are plenty of options, we just have to go through the slow process of looking at them all and narrowing it down to the best one for us. I looked at a few places today and have to admit to being a little bit scared being in those completely empty, bare houses by myself. We have a theory that things tend to work out for us at the very last minute though. We have our hotel booked until Friday, here's to hoping we'll find something by then!


SOOOOOOOO happy for you! Thanks for the update! Keep them coming...we'll keep praying!
ReplyDeleteLove you tons!
Woohoo!!! Hip Hip Hooray! I can definitely see big empty houses being creepy. Yooouuu miiiight run into a ghoooooost! (say that in my silver reef voice, of course)
ReplyDeleteKeeping my fingers crossed for you! I am sure you will find a good place. What an adventure you had; but I am sure 17 hours in a truck together was way better than months of being apart! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteSo awesome! It's surreal for me to read about you two actually being together! That is so sad. But so happy, now that you aren't apart. Have fun! :) I'm sure you will find an adorable house.
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy you guys are finally together and that you found a place big enough so I can visit!! :)
ReplyDeleteAll I can say is Keep on Truckin' LOL! Things always work out in the Lords time.
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute happy airport shot!!!! I love your hotel booking story, too funny! I'm glad the driving went well!
ReplyDeleteThats too funny of a story! But really nice, I hate long drives! :P
ReplyDelete