Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I go through phases in my life where I'll be able to sleep just fine, no problems falling asleep, no problems staying asleep.  And then I go through phases where I would love to be asleep but for the life of me I can't fall asleep or I sleep really restlessly.  Last week was a sleep really great phase, but this week seems to be the other one.  The bad one.

Unfortunately there is nothing good on TV at this hour.  Thank goodness for Netflix though.  I've been watching "Tangled" and filling out job applications.  I've found about seven different jobs to apply for.  I've applied for every job I have found available for the last few months, ranging from jobs I know I am for sure qualified to do, to jobs that I don't necessarily want but think maybe it would be a good opportunity for the Lord to teach me something new.  So far the process has been highly unsuccessful.  I'm hoping one of the seven that I just applied for will have mercy on me.

The better news is I start my first class towards a master's degree tomorrow!  I'm taking "foundations of counseling and psychology."  I'm nervous but excited.  I'm sure it will be fine.  I've always found it to be a bit nerve-racking at the beginning of the semester not knowing what the class or the teacher will be like.  A syllabus will really help I think.  Also, buying my books will help, or even knowing which books I need.

Maybe I should try sleeping again.  Writing what I'm thinking always helps clear my head and gives me hope that maybe I'll actually fall asleep.

5 comments:

  1. Yay for blogs! Hope you were able to fall asleep and enjoy your first grad class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want you to tell me allll about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many my heart goes out to you! I go through the same thing with the sleep thing. I have found over the years that it is hormonal for me. I also found that if I stay up late I can fall asleep and stay asleep. However, I don't recommend it. It's hard on the body to go to bed at 11:30 or 12:00 and get up at 5:30sh. By Saturday or Sunday I go to bed at 11:30 or 12:00 and I sleep in until I wake up around 9:00. My body kind of catches up on the sleep it lacked throughout the previous week.

    I also will be praying for you to get the perfect job!

    Take Care,
    JoLynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Listen to the Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone Soundtrack. No matter how awake I am or how much i can't fall asleep it always puts me out instantly. it's like... magic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. :o) haha Jessica your so cute. I know this is belated and all, but I know how that goes. I didnt know that you were majoring in psychology?!!! That is so awesome!!! I am wanting to do that too!!! You'll do so amazing! I only have my foot into the door for getting my associates... and that might take me longer than the two years, then getting the bachelors will take me much longer then I'm worried as to how long it will take me to get my masters, so I envy you where your at! Course you've done all the schooling but anyways yay!

    ReplyDelete