Church doesn't start until 1:00 pm. On the one hand it's great because I love sleeping in and not being in a rush to be somewhere. On the other hand it makes the morning suuuuper long and the evening suuuper short. Personally I would rather finish at noon and then have the rest of the day. Oh well. The mornings are enjoyable. We usually just read or watch Sabbath appropriate movies. After church is pretty much the same, dinner and a movie.
On the drive to church there is a major intersection that we go through, where people can enter and exit the expressway, or freeway I guess. On both sides of this big intersection there are people sitting/standing in the middle of the road selling the Sunday paper. Is it just me or does that sound like a disaster waiting to happen? And not just an accident that involves pedestrians and cars, but Michael commented that he worries about them getting skin cancer. It's a valid concern when they're standing out in the blazing hot Texas sun. I have never seen this done anywhere else. Is it just this city? Is it just a Texas thing? So many things to wonder on the way to church.
We've lived in this area for about six months. You would think we'd be regulars in the ward, however, we are still welcomed by the bishop and asked if we're new. It's just uncomfortable after six months . . . things are starting to look up a little bit, I hope. I was given a calling today. I was hoping for an interactive calling where I could really get to know people and be productive. The great thing about the church though is we have inspired leaders that choose for us. I am the new ward chorister. I lead the music in sacrament meeting. I don't know how this calling will bless my life, but the Lord has called me so I will serve. I'm hoping that at least people will see me every Sunday and finally realize that we're not new!! The ironic thing about this calling is that it was my first calling as a student in a college ward, and now it's my first calling as a married person in a family ward. I'm a little bit nervous about it because it's been years since I've led music, I'm a little bit rusty!! But, I love the hymns and I know that the Lord will bless me as I serve him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You can dooo it!
ReplyDeleteYep, they should definitely recognize you from week to week! And you will learn everyone, too! Flash that gorgeous smile and people will think..."there's a woman I want to get to know"!
ReplyDeleteYay for your new calling, you'll be great!
ReplyDeleteYou will do awesome and I the bishop will not ask anymore if you are new:)
ReplyDeleteAbout that bus thing we don't have bus stops in weird locations like that but we do have people out waiting for the bus but most of the bus stops have a place to sit under the a shades awning to protect them from our blazing heat and sun. I think Texas should look into that!