Sunday, January 19, 2014

Day Trip to Dallas

Yesterday Michael and I took a quick trip up to Dallas.  We've lived here for about 3 years and still hadn't been!  Our main goal was to go to the LDS temple but we wanted to do something else while there as well.  Before we went to the temple we went to the Dallas Zoo.  I didn't get too many pictures but here are a few:
There's a tiger behind that bamboo.  We got to hear him growling and watched him walking around for a while.  Luckily you can't see his back end because I think that's when he decided to take a potty break.  We also saw two different species doing some mating.  It was quite the interesting day at the zoo for us!

I liked the Africa part of the zoo the best.  Those are some elephants way off in the distance and there's a zebra in there somewhere.
 After walking around the zoo for a few hours I'm pretty sure I started having some Braxton Hicks contractions.  That was the first time I've felt them.  It was pretty weird!

Lunch!  I snagged us a booth while Michael ordered.  While I was sitting there it felt like the baby was doing a tap dance under my ribs! I think he liked the zoo.
 I love going to new temples!  The Dallas is by far the most unique that I've seen so far.  I couldn't really get a good picture because of it's weird shape, but I really loved it!  I love the feeling of peace that I have in the temple!



1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you guys to go to Dallas and go to the zoo and the temple. What a great way to spend the day!

    ReplyDelete