Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Virginia, Part 2

After all of our fun times in Maryland we went back to Virginia for a few more days with my mom and dad.  On Saturday we took a fun trip to Monticello, which was Thomas Jefferson's home.  We toured the inside of the home and then walked around the outside.  It was really cool.  The tour guide that we had did a really good job.  He told some cool stories about Thomas Jefferson and showed us different things throughout the house.  Thomas Jefferson actually sounds a lot like my dad.  He loved reading and learning and loved shopping and fixing up his home.  The tour guide pointed out an invention that Thomas Jefferson had made where he put five book stands on a lazy Susan so that he could read multiple things at once.  My dad needs something like that!
The front of Monticello.

There were a lot of really cool trees like this all over the grounds.


The back of the home.




Thomas Jefferson's grave.


My dad is so goofy.  I love it!




Usually my dad likes to play Risk on New Year's Eve but since we had to get up early the next day to take my sister to the airport we didn't play it then.  But we did play it on Monday night.  My mom even joined us (which has never happened in 27 years)! 
Michael is looking sad because he only has three countries.  Somehow he made a big comeback and the game ended in a tie between him and my mom.  I think they were all too nice to him when he was dying off so fast!
I love my family.  It was so nice to be able to spend so much time with them and take a break from real life.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful way to spend the holidays! I'm so glad you got to see so much family and friends. I have not seen any pictures of cute Emma so I'm glad you shared them with us. She is such a cutie. I'm looking forward to seeing baby Nathan too. So fun. Such exciting times ahead for you and Michael. Can't wait to follow your journey.

    Take Care!
    JoLynn

    ReplyDelete