We spent New Year's day with the Washburn's and had a great time chatting, playing games, and of course, eating delicious foods! Part of me feels like I should write something reflective about the year 2013 or goals for 2014, but the honest truth is 2013 was a really weird year for me. It was quite bi-polar and I still don't know that I've figured it out. The year started with learning I was pregnant, only to learn I had miscarried. I spent half of 2013 devastated and trying to figure out how to function while grieving. And then in July I learned I was pregnant again and I've spent the second half of the year trying to figure out how to move forward with faith and trust in the Lord while still overcoming my loss. It was been a year full of extreme sadness and extreme joy. I am so grateful for the blessings that I have received and for the blessings that are still coming. 2014 is going to be a very interesting year for Michael and I. He will be done with the Army in February, we'll welcome a new member to our family in April and then we'll be figuring out where we should go so Michael can complete his education. Basically everything about our lives will be changing this year.
On the last day we were up in Maryland we went down and spent the day with Michael's brother, Chris, his wife and their new baby. It was a really great visit. We LOVED meeting baby Emma. She is a baby doll!
| Chris was showing Michael a new Lord of the Rings game that they had just got. It had little pieces that they were showing to Emma. I love her expression! |
No comments:
Post a Comment