Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Christmas!

This year Michael and I were incredibly blessed to be able to go visit my family for Christmas.  I hadn't been home for Christmas in probably 6 years.  Before we went to see my family though we did a few things at home that have come to be traditions for our little family.  One thing we love to do is drive up to the lake where they have "Nature in Lights."

We didn't take any pictures this year because we took so many the last two years we came and it was all basically the same.  This picture is from last year.  They did have some new displays up this year though that we really liked.  It was a lot of fun.  We went the night before Christmas Eve and it was BUSY!!  We sat in stop and go traffic for a good two hours before even getting to the entrance (after waiting so long you're committed, right?)  It was really good though because it gave Michael and I a chance to just be together and talk.  It was refreshing to know that after three years of marriage we still really enjoy each others company.  It reminded me of the beginning of our relationship when we were still getting to know each other and would talk either on the phone or in person for HOURS.  I love that guy.
Another fun thing we like to do is decorate sugar cookies.  This year we did gingerbread men, or should I say gingerbread ninjas!

Michael and I flew to my parents house on the afternoon of Christmas Eve so we did our own little "Christmas" at home that morning so we could open each others presents.


We got to my parents late on Christmas Eve.  Our little fake Christmas tree looks pathetic compared to their full, real Christmas tree!  I think I almost have Michael convinced that real trees are better!  I LOVED being home with my family on Christmas.  We were able to Skype with my brother, Tyler, who is on a mission in Washington.  He looked so good and seems to be doing awesome!  He loves his mission, loves teaching, loves the language and the people.  It was so nice to talk to him again.


My siblings and I all chipped in to get my mom and dad an iPad.  They love it!

Of course it wouldn't be Christmas without all of mom's awesome Christmas foods!!  The rolls got a little big while we were talking to Tyler . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment