Sunday, March 6, 2016

February

For Valentine's Day we gave Nathan a small box of chocolates.  He loved it and immediately began shoving whole chocolates in his mouth after we opened it for him!  Aunt Emily came to hang out and was Nathan's Valentine.  We had pizza and did chocolate fondue.  Nathan really liked the marshmallow's but didn't quite get the dipping in chocolate part.  Overall it was a fun day!
Just some cute, random pictures from February.  I especially like the one on the top in the middle of all the boys on the couch watching Dad play a video game.  And, the one on the bottom in the middle of Nathan in his potty.  He started telling us "poo poo potty" this last month and once he even got something in there when we let him try.  But, for the most part it usually ends up like that picture.
These two brothers are the cutest, sweetest things!  Nathan loves playing with his little brother and Logan loves when Nathan plays with him.  He gets the biggest smiles!  The bottom right picture was one of Nathan's manipulation tactics to get out nap time.  He wanted to give Logan hugs and kisses before nap time, but the hug lasted for about 5 minutes!  It was just too cute and Logan was loving the attention.  After I finally pried him off of Logan and got him in his bed, I was turning to leave and he said, "prayers Mama?"  How can I say no to that?!  He's too darn smart!
When Nathan's hair gets long it gets to a point where he starts growing a mullet. This is when we know it's time for a haircut.  We usually take him to Cookie Cutters but they were all booked up and Michael needed a hair cut too.  So we went to Great Clips instead.  Left picture is before, while we were watching Michael get his hair cut.  Nathan kept saying, "what happened dad?"  Haha!  The far right, top picture is the after picture from the Great Clips hair cut.  I was not happy.  They took a really long time, and for some reason told me it would be weird to cut his hair any shorter on top.  I knew this was not true based on past hair cuts, but agreed because I didn't want to know what they would do if they tried, his sides were not well blended and super choppy.  I debated taking him back to Great Clips to see if they'd fix it, but in the end decided to just take him to Cookie Cutters.  I am really glad I did.  The middle picture is the after picture from them cleaning it up.  They did it in record time and I didn't have to hold his head or distract him in any way.  And he loved his balloon and sucker that he got after. I will never take him anywhere else again.  It was a night and day difference both in experience and quality of hair cut.  I probably made a much bigger deal of this then it should have been, but Nathan's 2 year birthday is coming up!  The bottom right picture is after Cookie Cutters and I was asking him to smile.  Instead he made that goofy face while saying "smile"!  I love him!

No comments:

Post a Comment