Logan turned 5 months on the 23rd. I weighed him and measured him at home. He weighed 14.8 pounds and was 25.5 inches in length. However, I'm pretty sure these measurements are not super accurate.
This month was a fun one! Logan started responding more to his name. He became super interested in playing with toys and loves reaching and grabbing onto them. They usually immediately go into his mouth one he gets a good grip. He's super smiley and chatty. He likes sitting propped either next to us or on the couch and has started trying to sit himself up. He's holding his head up really well. We started giving him rice cereal more consistently. We also gave him carrots, squash and sweet potatoes. He loved the carrots, was indifferent to the squash and allergic to the sweet potatoes.
This month was also an exhausting one. The 4 month sleep regression is very real and hit us very hard. He started waking up every hour and a half to two hours consistently. We have finally started coming out of this and he'll at least do one 3-4 hour stretch. Still exhausting, but getting better.
Logan has never been a big fan of tummy time. I was starting to get worried that he'd just never roll over because he wasn't showing any signs of doing anything remotely close to rolling over or moving on his own. A few days before he turned 5 months he started arching his back while playing on his back. When he'd do this I'd help him roll over. Then at 5 months, 2 days he started arching his back but also kicking his legs to try getting over on his own. After doing this a few times he finally made it all the way over! Ever since then any time he's on his back he flips himself over. He's starting to like tummy time more, but sometimes (a lot of times) he gets fussy because he isn't yet able to roll back onto his back. He did it once on accident but hasn't done it since.
I took the first video so I could show Michael how hard he was trying and then I turned it off. But then I turned it quickly back on because I realized he was gonna make it all the way over.
He was so proud of himself and immediately puked after!


No comments:
Post a Comment