Saturday, October 1, 2016

Katelyn Came Home!/Our 6 Year Anniversary!

Katelyn came home on the second day after she was born!  It was such a relief to be able to leave the hospital with her!  The whole time we were in the hospital I felt nervous that something would happen that would cause her to have to go into the nursery and not be able to leave.  But she did great!  On the morning I discharged I recognized the nurse that was assigned to me.  She was the first nurse I had after giving birth to Logan.  She was so sweet, comforting and helpful after Logan was born and taken immediately to the nursery.  I was a train wreck on the verge of falling apart and she helped me get through it.  I'll always be grateful to her for helping me through that time.  I thought it was really cool that I was able to see her again and tell her thank you.  
Katelyn hung out in the nursery for a few minutes before we left so I could take some things down to the car.  Michael had to go to school that day after missing the last two days so it was just me and Katelyn.  When I came back to the nursery to get her she had her hair done with the cute little bows.   Her face still looks really bruised here from the trauma of being born so fast.
Nathan immediately loved her!  He tried to get her out of her car seat and wanted to hold her.  He's a great big brother and so sweet to his little sister!
Logan really liked her too!  But he mostly liked trying to pull off her hair bows and trying to put his fingers in her mouth!
Lots of attention from both big brothers!

While we were in the hospital with Katelyn Logan decided it would be the best time to start taking steps!
We brought Katelyn home on our 6 year anniversary.  We were both exhausted and decided we would celebrate by ordering a huge pizza and hanging out with all our kids and Jessica-who had taken care of the boys for us while we were in the hospital.  Maybe someday we'll be able to have an actual anniversary celebration!


No comments:

Post a Comment