Monday, November 6, 2017

Park Day!

In the middle of the month I was having a pretty bad week.  Things were crazy busy.  I was crazy tired.  I had no time to do anything I needed to, or wanted to.  One morning I decided to take the kids out of the house and take them to the Scarecrow Festival at Thanksgiving Point.  Well, as it turned out, I had left my wallet in the car that Michael took to work.  No license, no Thanksgiving Point membership.  But, that was okay.  I made a quick call and learned that I could use any other photo ID, so we headed out the door in a huge rush.  Time was tight because I had to go into work early that day.  As I got all three children down our three flights of stairs I had the sickening realization that I had left the keys inside.  I had locked us out of the house.  I wanted to sit down and cry but instead we got out the jogging stroller and walked a mile to the park down the road.  It turned out to be one of the best days we had in a while!  The weather was absolutely beautiful!  I had packed a picnic lunch to have in the gardens so we had that at the park instead.  The kids loved running around and playing.  I had been wanting to test out that walk for a while to see how doable it would be with all the kids.  It was totally doable and even kind of easy.  It was good for us to slow down and just enjoy each other and enjoy being outside.

























No comments:

Post a Comment