Thursday, July 12, 2018

Michael's Graduation Day!!!!

I could not be more proud of Michael for all that he has accomplished over the last 4 years!! When he started school Nathan was 2 months old. Michael worked part time and did school full time. It was hard on him to split his time like that. He started out attending UVU and worked on getting his associate's degree. When it came time for him to switch schools and go to the U of U we talked a lot about moving to Salt Lake or staying where we are. His job was in Orem.  I really did not want to move, but I also didn't want him to have to commute from Salt Lake down to Orem every day, plus find time to study and do homework. We decided at that point that I would go back to work and that he would stay home with Nathan and baby Logan. I was very blessed to find a job that would be so flexible with my schedule and so understanding of my desire to be a mom as well.  People have asked us a lot how we made it all work out and that is how.  Michael went to school and I was home with the kids.  Michael came home from school and I went to work.  We've switched schedules off like that for the last 3 years.  Add to all of that one more baby-Katelyn came along the first year he was at the U of U! So we've gone through 3 newborn baby stages, teething stages and into 3 toddler stages! Michael has truly been super dad! It seems that our kids have a way of holding off on being sick until I'm at work.  He has had to clean up way more sick messes and diaper messes then I have.  Plus, he plays with them, feeds them, cleans and tidies up the house, and on top of that he's found a way to study and stay on top of his homework and has done really well with keeping his grades up!! He has kept up this rigorous schedule for the last 4 years. He did not take any time off for Summer, he barreled through.  I honestly don't know how he was able to do it all!!  So, needless to say this graduation day brought so much relief and closure to the last four years of pure craziness!! 

Logan's face is just too cute here! He was a bit grumpy at first because of a shorter nap.









Logan telling ME to be quiet!!! LOL!


The kids were so excited to see Michael on the big screen!! I was so excited to see him achieve this long term dream of his and receive his diploma!!!




We're so grateful that my  mom and dad were able to be here to show their love and support for Michael!! They're super proud of him too! 






Logan didn't want to smile until I called him by his proper name of Cat Boy . . . and then he very happily complied! Hahaha!!






















So much love and support from family for Michael and for this amazing accomplishment!!!

I don't think there are enough words to really accurately express how proud I am and to express how much hard work went into this day!

No comments:

Post a Comment