Wednesday, May 11, 2011

EEEEWWWW!!!!!!!

One of my worst fears about living in Texas was having all kinds of creepy, crawly bugs living with me.  I was mostly afraid of cockroaches and scorpions, I hear Texas has both in abundance.  We've been living here for about a month now, bug free.  However, this morning as I was innocently unloading the dishwasher, my worst fear happened!!!!  I pulled out our glass bowls from a cabinet, and in the top bowl was a disgusting looking grasshopper type thing!!!! I don't think it was a grasshopper though, I didn't look long enough to try and identify it, and it didn't hop out of the bowl.  I don't know how it got there and it creeps me out to think about!!! After running into the other room, I calmed myself and had to decide how to dispose of the thing.  I drowned it in Windex and threw toilet paper on it . . . I don't know what to do next though!!!! Anything that involves me having to touch it or look at it grosses me out (thus covering it with toilet paper)!!!!  But I don't want a dead bug just hanging out in my kitchen all day either!!  I feel all creepy crawly now and paranoid!! I hate bugs!!!!

5 comments:

  1. I want a picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (and I hate to say it, but, I told you soooooooooooooooo!! Darn it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of taking a picture and then wanted to gag. I did work up the courage to flush the sucker down the toilet, so there can really be no pictures now. It was bigger then my vacuum hose though!! I'm just terrified now to open any of my cupboards!! What if there are more!!! And, we still have to wait another month before our apt. complex will spray again! :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, maybe check out the store to see if they have any kinds of traps (like sticky ones, or little things they can crawl in and get trapped in) that you can put in your cupboards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure don't tell everyone how you called your daddy cause you were so freaked out! and how we were no help our support to you! All we could do was laugh at you and tease you about the bug pulling open the shower curtain and looking at you while you were in the shower. I guess that thought helped you work up the courage to flush it! Good parents or bad parents you decide!

    ReplyDelete