Don't worry, those two things aren't in any way related!! Just two stories from the weekend. I'll start with Saturday night:
I had found a recipe online for stuffed french toast and was so excited to try it, it sounded delicious and Michael loves french toast. While baking the french toast in the oven I turned on one of the burners to make sausage, and then changed my mind and decided to do them in the microwave. Well, I forgot to turn off the burner and when I took the french toast out I set the glass pan on the burner . . . . A few minutes later we smelled something burning, we hurriedly took the french toast out of the pan to salvage dinner. I set the pan in the sink to cool off . . . . and it EXPLODED!!!!!!! I wish I had taken a picture because it was INSANE!!! I didn't realize until a few minutes later the whole reason for the incident. I felt like the biggest idiot!!! But, Michael wins the prize for being the best husband! He was so sweet!! After the explosion he cleaned up all the glass for me!! Then we ate the pieces that hadn't been burnt and Michael kept assuring me that it was really good and made me feel better about the whole incident. He is so great!!
The cutest kid ever was on Sunday during fast and testimony meeting. Michael and I agreed that the kid was no more then 6 years old. He began bearing his testimony by telling us that he had recently attended two funerals-his words-and then he made the cutest little shocked, sad face ever and said, "it just tears me to pieces and I just can't take it!" It was ADORABLE!!! Besides the fact that he was so articulate and communicated better then some adults, his testimony was so honest and straightforward. It was great! I have always loved the primary children's testimonies. They have so much faith and I can't help but think of the scriptures that instruct us to become as little children.
Overall, I'd say it was a pretty good weekend, although, now I need to buy a new baking pan!
Oh my gosh, that is the cutest thing I've heard all day! Granted it's only 7:45, but I doubt I'm going to hear anything cute at school.
ReplyDeleteLove those new wife stories!!!!
ReplyDeleteI think we have all had those "exploding Pyrex" moments. It's sure not fun, but Michael is a sweetie for cleaning it all up. Those bits of glass will fly really far! You still find a piece or two!
ReplyDeleteGlad dinner was saved! I love baked french toast!
I did almost the same thing when Dad and I were first married and he was awesome about it also and helped me clean it up! Oh the fun of being newlyweds!
ReplyDeleteWhat a PERFECT newly married cooking story, I love it! I'm glad you have such a good husband! Sadly, I still have plenty of newly married funny cooking stories!
ReplyDelete