I would like to take a journey through the past.
First, I will confess: I have not always been an avid Harry Potter fan. I was in Jr. High when the first movie came out. I had never heard of Harry Potter until then. I saw the movie and I liked it, but I have never been one to jump on band wagons. The second movie came out; I saw it and I liked it. At this point I decided I would read the books and see what all the hype was about. I was able to get through the first three very quickly, and the fourth came out very shortly after. I thoroughly enjoyed them. I found them to be clever, funny, entertaining, intriguing, good character development, etc. Everything a good book needs. I think it was the wait and anticipation of the fifth book that really solidified my devotion though.
I remember the night it came out, mostly because I have pictures! So get ready for this completely awesome, possibly embarrassing, but mostly awesome blast from my Harry Potter past!!
Harry Potter midnight madness wouldn't have been the same without my two best-friends, Jessica and Emily. The first few pictures are from The Half-Blood Prince book release.
 |
| We got bored waiting for midnight. |
 |
| But it finally came!! |
These next one's are from
The Deathly Hallows book release.
 |
| Jessica mourning the loss of Albus Dumbledore. |
 |
| Gilderoy Lockhart showed up for the party! |
 |
| Emily casting a spell on me . . . she missed because I leaned back and threw my hands up. ;) |
 |
Funny story: Emily and I pre-ordered our books from Media Play (way back before it became FYE, weird!). We waited in line forever until midnight and then after. Jessica was kind enough to accompany us, even though she hadn't pre-ordered a copy. She decided through the course of the night that she also wanted a copy, so we drove to Walmart on our way home and picked her up a copy. No lines, no waiting!
Michael and I saw the last Harry Potter movie this afternoon and it was while we were waiting that I remembered these pictures and the fun memories, even though they're of the book releases. I loved this movie!! Yeah, they added some parts and changed some stuff, but overall I thought they did a great job! Movies are hardly ever as good as books. I nearly cried during most of it just knowing that the whole thing was ending! |
Aww! Those were good times! I miss them!!
ReplyDeleteYour blog made me tear up! I miss those days!
ReplyDeleteWhat a way to go out, huh? We loved it too! Almost as much as your homemade crown pictures!
ReplyDeleteDarling pictures. I love blasts from the pasts. I'm so glad that you got to see the movie and enjoy it. I feel so dumb because I am the only person (besides my husband) that has never seen or read the Harry Potter series. I know what your thinking-what planet are you from? I just never got the time to read them and because I never read them I never had an interest to see the movies. I guess I should break down and see what this is all about!
ReplyDeleteHahaha. I'm so glad I made it into the memory photos! :) That was a fun night. I miss you guys sooo much!
ReplyDelete