Saturday, July 19, 2014

Starting on Solids (Kind Of)

Nathan will be 4 months this week! It's so crazy how fast time has gone!  We decided today to see how he would do starting on solid foods.  He's been wanting to eat a lot more lately and it just felt like he might be ready for something more.  I was pretty nervous about it because he has absolutely refused to take a bottle so I really wasn't sure how he'd do with a spoon and new textures.  It was a success!
We started him with rice cereal mixed with breast milk.  
He was pretty hesitant at first and not too sure about it.
But he ended up LOVING it!  When he would see the spoon he would get really excited.  He'd open his mouth and stick out his tongue.  It was so cute!  I love it when he tries new things!  
I love how he's kicking his legs so much in between bites!  A few times I thought I was going to spill the bowl on him because he was kicking me so much.  Of course, most of it ended up on his bib or chin anyway!
After we fed him and cleaned him he started doing crazy back bends.  We thought for sure he was going to flip himself over.  At one point he was bent back even further then in this picture.  It was almost painful to watch!  But, in the end he got too tired and gave up.

1 comment: