Monday, August 27, 2018

Potty Training and Preschool

We started potty training with Logan mid-August. He had one potty accident in his underwear when we first started and he sadly cried, "My pee got on me!!" and after that he peed in the potty 8 times in one hour and earned two of his big potty treats the first day! First he earned Pirate Pup Chase, from Paw Patrol. And then he walked around telling us that he wanted to earn "Pirate Chases' friend, Pirate Ryder." Another funny thing he'd say was after he peed in the potty he'd excitedly say, "Mom! I did it! Do you want to see my pee?!" Over the next few days he only had a few accidents and stopped asking for potty treats. I was surprised that he quickly started staying dry during nap time and while he was sleeping at night! He's doing so great and I feel like he caught on super quick!


Pirate Chase and his friend, Pirate Ryder!



Katelyn sat on the potty a few times too and I let her "earn" some new shoes! She was very excited! She hasn't been potty training just sitting on the potty when she asks. But she has peed in the potty several times! I think within the next 6 months we could have all of our kids out of diapers!!!


She loves her new shoes!



A cute picture of Nathan lining his cars up on the fireplace just because! :)

We started pre-school the same day Michael started work. The kids loved it! They had so much fun and it was a great way for us to give structure and direction to our day!



One thing they love about school is playing with the Alphabots! Alphabet blocks that transform into robots!






Art time!







One day we did Legos. Nathan did really well following the directions to build his airplane. I helped him find the pieces and then he followed along with the pictures. He did great with very little adjustments from me!










Legos and Alphabots really help keep the kids busy while I do yoga or a workout video. However, Katelyn really likes doing the yoga and workouts with me. I left my mat for two seconds to help Logan with his potty stuff and this is what I came back to!



Logan joined in for some yoga!




Not much yoga got done by me this day . . ..  Hah!

Nathan told me that his Alphabots were also doing a yoga class!


At least one of us was able to do happy baby pose . . .

Namaste ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment